Friday, January 2, 2009

This Angry Silence Episode 26: RAISE THE RAISE THE RAISE THE SPARKS RAIIIIISSEEEEE RAISE THE SPARKS RAIIIIISSSSEEEEE

Welcome to episode 26 of This Angry Silence! This is a no-bullshit music podcast. You won't hear me drone on about how amazing my music tastes, all you will hear is cool songs from my computer...if you don't like a song choice let me know and I'll plan future shows accordingly.

This episode is a special show cause it is my username so I made sure it was perfect...then forgot to upload it for a week. whups. I'll post a few eps in the next few days so I don't feel guilty.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

00:00 Deer Tick - Ashamed
02:15 The Fiery Furnaces - Police Sweater Blood Vow
05:08 N.W.A - 100 Miles And Runnin'
09:40 John Maus - Do Your Best
12:25 Daft Punk - Da Funk
17:53 The Dwarves - Saturday Night
20:18 Jay Reatard - See/Saw
23:22 The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (Demo)
26:28 Chris Smither - I Got Mine (Live)
29:24 Pavement - Range Life
34:18 Devendra Banhart - Little Boys
39:38 Akron/Family - Raising The Sparks
43:54 good nite n good luck

Starting off with a local favorite that is more obscure on a global scale, a nice song about hanging yourself. A great ff song I forgot about. A bumpin' n.w.a track that isn't just mindless shit... A great john maus track like joy division but not really. my favorite daft punk song. A good track by the dwarves...A great jay reatard track, shockingly he is influenced by the dwarves. I saw him play this song live and he didnt sing the coda :(( the demo of here comes your man is better than the real version. A fantastic acoustic song. The best pavement song ever. The best devendra banhart song ever. The best akron/family song ever. FUck my hands are all cold

Visit us online at http://thisangrysilence.blogspot.com

Subscribe to us at http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThisAngrySilence

Be sure to check out The Jamhole, Stereo Radiation, and all the other podcasts on the left side of the page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Deer Tick. Hey 26 has 26 podcasts...YAY!

26 said...

haha, I've seen deer tick like 4 times at the as220, his new songs are great! I'll dig through my pc and use a new song by him on a future ep...I'll have an episode of all live songs

Brandon said...

Both eps 26 and 27 look interesting. Can't wait to hear them. Keep up the good work.

CRJ