Welcome to episode two of This Angry Silence! This is a no-bullshit music podcast. You won't hear me drone on about how amazing my music taste, all you will hear is cool songs from my computer...if you don't like a song choice let me know and I'll plan future shows accordingly.
This episode is the first of many theme shows. Todays Episode is all about the band Chk Chk Chk. Their name is 3 monosyllabic sounds, whichever sound you fancy, the most common being "Chk Chk Chk," always written as !!!, a reference to the subtitles of "The Gods Must Be Crazy". This band plays indie dance shtick but unlike LCD Soundsystem they are actually good and fun to listen to.
By the way if you didn't notice yet, each show title is a line from a song, and I like em' long and convoluted.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
00:00 Chk Chk Chk - The Step
06:09 Chk Chk Chk - Pardon My Freedom
12:00 Chk Chk Chk - Myth Takes
14:24 Chk Chk Chk - Hello? Is This Thing On?
21:57 Chk Chk Chk - Intensify
28:52 Chk Chk Chk - Take Ecstasy With Me (The Magnetic Fields)
36:33 Chk Chk Chk - Infinifold
41:45 Chk Chk Chk - Me And Guiliani Down By The Schoolyard (LFO Remix)
47:23 Fin
Visit us online at http://thisangrysilence.blogspot.com
Be sure to check out The Jamhole and all the other podcasts on the left side of the page.
6 days ago


6 comments:
Awesome job. I love !!!.
thanks for digging it, by the way I altered the tracklisting slightly cause I found out that the version of Me and Guiliani in this podcast is an LFO Remix, not a live track, I was confused because it is on their ep Live! Live! Live!
Come on, LCD ain't that bad.
I listened to one of their cd's and I just wasn't feeling it...their song "Daft punk is playing at my house" is ok, but the last 2 minutes just drag on...I just like how !!! is more "song" than "dance" oriented, and their lyrics actually make sense as a result. When I want pure dance/whatever music, I'll listen to daft punk or something like that...just how I personally hear it, it's hard to express music tastes in words...
Well that first album is by no means spectacular. On the album, Murphy was a rocker doing dance music. On the second album, he finally transitioned into a New Order-like style.
alright, i'll check that one out, but as i've said im more into stuff with dance "elements" than pure dance music, however i really enjoyed the kelly polar cd i want to hold onto while the sky is falling and thats pure dance music as far as i can tell
Post a Comment